Online Media Manager — Canadian Mennonite
Job Description and Supervision
As part of Canadian Mennonite’s head office team, the Online Media Manager will support the vision of Canadian Mennonite Publishing Service through its presence on the internet. This full-time position will relate to CM’s current online audience and will work actively to develop and expand the online audience, through social media and the CM website.
As an appointed administrator for CM’s social media communities (ie. Facebook page), the Online Media Manager is responsible for promoting content; moderating user generated content that appears on CM media sites; fostering conversations within the online community; and dealing with questions that arise from online readers.
The Online Media Manager reports to the Executive Editor.
Start date, Hours, Schedule and Location
The position is available starting in January, 2019.
The position is full time (40 hours per week), with expectation that these hours may spread over seven days of the week and are not defined by a fixed set of office hours.
This position can be worked remotely or at the Canadian Mennonite office in Waterloo, Ontario.
- ensure that social media involvement supports the mission of Canadian Mennonite Publishing Service
- lead the creation, conception and presentation of social media strategy and content promotion, in consultation with the head office team
- test and interpret results of social media initiatives and web engagement
Content creation – in consultation with the editorial team
- write or suggest articles, that may be used online or in print
- select, modify and create content for the website
- encourage and develop a sense of identity as an online CM community
- respond to comments, when appropriate, to foster a positive community and to encourage user engagement
- pose questions to the online community to encourage feedback and engagement
- invite other, relevant people to respond to comments or questions posed by the online community to encourage online conversations and engagement
Management and Moderation
- create and maintain content calendars
- post relevant content
- review user generated comments and posts in a quick and timely manner
- enforce CM social media guidelines
- promote, where appropriate, user generated content to CM staff and readers
• Listening and reporting
- scan for online trends, events and interests that may provide fodder for community discussion and/or for CM articles
- summarize insights and conversations from online media for CM editorial staff
- participate in weekly editorial/staff meetings
- discuss content ideas with editorial group to bring ideas from web to print, and from print to web
- writing skills – a background in journalism or communications
- social media experience – familiarity with Twitter, Facebook and other social media for business
- knowledge of the Canadian Mennonite readership and of the larger Mennonite context, in Canada and beyond
- outgoing personality
- ability to work autonomously, with a minimum of direct supervision
- ability to work as part of the editorial team, to accomplish joint goals
- strong commitment to the Mennonite church; preferably a member of a Mennonite Church Canada congregation
Send cover letter and resume to Tobi Thiessen, Publisher by November 30, 2018.