Many resources exist to help victims of domestic abuse. For more information, visit the Government of Canada website at www.justice.gc.ca/eng/pi/fv-vf/facts-info/sa-vc.html.
For help in each province:
- British Columbia: Victimlink B.C.: 1-800-563-0808.
- Alberta: Family Violence Information Line: 310-1818 toll-free from anywhere in the province.
- Saskatchewan: Provincial Association of Transition Houses and Services (PATHS): 306-522-3515.
- Manitoba: Family Violence Prevention Program: 1-877-977-0007.
- Ontario: Women’s Crisis Line: 1-800-263-3247.
- Quebec: S.O.S. Violence conjugale: 1-800-363-9010.
Abuse victims of both genders may call the Domestic Abuse Helpline for Men and Women: 1-888-743-5754.
Printed resources include www.theraveproject.com, which is Christian, and has links to resources in Canada.
Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) offers several printed resources, including the “Home shouldn’t be a place that hurts” brochure, and “Abuse: Response and prevention: A guide for church leaders,” which is also available as a download from the MCC website. Also visit http://abuse.mcc.org.